All applicants are required to complete an interview at the Embassy after submitting the following documents:
- Applicant for ‘C Visa’ must apply at least 3 (three) days to 1 (one) month prior to the date of travel.
- Applicant for ‘D Visa’ must apply minimum 1 (one) month to maximum 3 (three) prior to the date of travel.
If applicant has a valid multiple entries Schengen Visa or EU Countries' Visa, then He/she doesn't require Bosnia & Herzegovina Visa for stay up to 30 days and they can enter to Bosnia and Herzegovina (through any country).
Short Term Visa (Visa C)
is for single or multiple entries. Stay cannot exceed 90 days in the period of six months beginning from the day of the first entry. Visa C may be valid up to a maximum of one year, exceptionally more. Visa C is issued for trips related to business, education training, tourism, private affairs, politics, science, sport, religion or other purposes.
Visa C supporting documents:
- Purpose of visit:
Confirmation of accommodation:
- An original Letter of invitation from a Bosnia and Herzegovina citizen or resident (or exceptionally a foreigner with a permit to stay in Bosnia and Herzegovina one year or more, for family reunion purposes only), or an original Letter of invitation from a Bosnia and Herzegovina business partner or foreign business partner registered in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Local Ministry of Security’s Department for Foreigners in Bosnia and Herzegovina must verify all Letters of invitation. A Letter must include a guarantee that all expenses of the invited person related to stay in and departure from Bosnia and Herzegovina will be covered; OR
- A Voucher of a travel agency (confirmation of paid accommodation, transport, medical/travel insurance) signed and stamped, hotel or other accommodation payment confirmation, etc.; OR
- An Official invitation to international competition from national sport organization or Olympic Committee in Bosnia and Herzegovina; OR
- A court or the other official invitation for a judicial procedure in Bosnia and Herzegovina; OR
- Education enrolment certificate from Bosnia and Herzegovina; OR
- Other appropriate documentation on the basis of which the purpose and conditions of intended stay in Bosnia and Herzegovina can be ascertained
- Appropriate documentation from Paragraph 1. (if used to satisfy that requirement); OR
- Proof of rent or property ownership in Bosnia and Herzegovina; OR
- Other appropriate documentation on which basis it can be ascertained that accommodation in Bosnia and Herzegovina will be provided.
Exceptionally, an applicant can be exempt of this requirement if evidence of sufficient funds (personal bank statements, pay slips, audited accounts, taxation records or credit card limit) for accommodation, support, travel, medical costs, etc., is provided.
Sufficient funds to cover the cost of stay in Bosnia and Herzegovina and to return to home country or travel to a third country:
Means of transport and an incentive to return to home country:
- An original Letter of invitation from Paragraph 1 (if used to satisfy that requirement); OR
- Cash in convertible currency; OR
- Non-cash means of payment (travel cheques, credit cards, etc.) acceptable by Bosnia and Herzegovina banks (confirmation from a bank is required); OR
- Personal bank statements or pay slips; OR
- Confirmation of accommodation and organised travel; OR
- Other appropriate documentation on the basis of which it can be ascertained that sufficient funds are available.
Long Term Visa (Visa D)
- Return travel ticket; OR
- Proof of ownership of passenger motor vehicle (if used for the travel); OR
- Employment certificate, education enrolment certificate, or other document confirming social or professional status; OR
- Other documentation demonstrating an incentive and ability to return to home country.
is for single or multiple entries. Stay cannot exceed 180 days in the period of one year beginning from the day of the first entry. Visa D may be valid up to maximum of one year, exceptionally more. To obtain Visa D applicants are obligated to submit the same documents as for Visa C, but the documents must demonstrate the need to stay longer than 90 days.